The Redlands Airport Association in cooperation with the U.S. Marine Corps will once again hold the “Stuff a Plane with Toys for Tots” from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, at the west ramp of Redlands Municipal Airport.
This is the kickoff event for the airport’s annual toy drive. The event is open to the community and will feature:
• Military and vintage aircraft displays.
• People’s Choice Aircraft Exhibitor Awards.
• Airport Open House.
• Learn-to-fly seminars.
• Kid’s activities, including visits with Santa.
• A LifeStream Community Blood Drive.
• Pet adoptions.
• Redlands Fire Department and Police Department displays.
• Food and beverages by Chick-fil-a.
• Music, exhibits and raffles.
Admission is free, but guests are requested to bring a new, unwrapped toy or make a donation. Toys for Tots is a U.S. Marine Corp Reserve program which began in 1947 in Los Angeles with a small group of reservists to collect and distribute new toys for the holidays to needy children in the local community.
The airport is at 1551 Sessums Drive, Redlands. Parking is free and on Sessums and Aviation drive near the entrance.