The Redlands City Council on Tuesday approved the dedication of 11.8 acres of parklands and future reimbursement of $1.2 million upon successful completion of the project and city acceptance.
MLC Holdings is currently processing Tentative Tract Map 20336, a 317-unit single-family development on about 58 acres north of Citrus Valley High School and Domestic Avenue.
Before filing its development application, MLC representatives contacted city staff and sought input regarding the city’s recreational needs.
City staff provided MLC with a list of desired amenities based on feedback from the Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission to meet the high demand for sports fields within the city. Based on the feedback provided, the project includes a proposed 11.8-acre public park with seven sports fields, parking, public restroom facilities, picnic and passive open space areas.
The landscape plan includes:
• One baseball/softball field with bleachers and dugouts.
• Six soccer fields.
• Sports field lighting.
• 1,400-square-foot restroom.
• 72 parking stalls within an onsite parking lot.
• Multi-use trails with future connection to the Santa Ana River Trail.
• One fitness challenge course.
• Two water quality basins.
• Basketball court (located east of the public park).