The San Bernardino National Forest has made the decision to open the following developed recreation sites beginning on Friday, May 22:
- Barton Flats Campground
- Big Pine Flat Family Campground
- Crab Flats Family Campground
- Dogwood Family Campground
- Green Valley Family Campground
- Hanna Flat Family Campground
- Heart Bar Family Campground
- Holcomb Valley Campground
- Jenks Lake Day Use Area
- North Shore Campground
- Pineknot Family Campground
- San Gorgonio Family Campground
- Serrano Campground
- South Fork Family Campground
- Wildhorse Equestrian Campground
1. Reservations can be made through recreation.gov except for Big Pine Family, Holcomb Big and South Fork, which are first-come, first-serve only.
- 2. Double sites at campgrounds are limited to 10 people maximum during this time.
- 3. Shower facilities, which are located at Barton Flats, Dogwood, San Gorgonio, Serrano and Wildhorse campgrounds, are not available at this time.
Whenever possible, recreate locally. Visitors should practice self-sufficiency when visiting national forests and come prepared with all the essentials needed for a day trip, including food, emergency supplies and the ability to pack-out trash. Remember to recreate responsibly by keeping the following in mind:
- Maintaining at least six feet distancing from others
- Do not gather in groups and follow the latest guidance from officials
- Communicate with others as you pass. Alert trail users of your presence and step aside to let others pass
- Pack out your trash and leave with everything you bring in and use.
Some services may not be available, so please plan accordingly.